No announcement yet.

Civics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it was 11 turns for Emancipation per se, 14 with that other bit (can't really remember now. oh well). At least you don't have to pay for something you don't use, as with CivII.
    --
    Gxis la

Comment

*Everything* is screwed up in marathon mode.

Comment

It's ratiometric. If marathon has 2.7 times the number of turns as normal, then anarchy should also last that many times longer. So, 14 turns of marathon is 5 turns on normal. If you were close to domination on normal (64% land area) in the modern era, and switched two civics at the same time, it would probably take 5 turns. I don't think the map size is a factor, but the ratio of the map that you cover and the population are factors.

Actually, marathon is great, the way Civ was meant to be.

Comment

Agreed, Marathon is great...if you're up for the marathon! I just finished my first victory at Monarch working from Vel's Workshop 1 starting position. Finished with a Domination win in 1658 AD . . . after only 89 hours of play.
          "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

My fave civics are

Gov: hereditary rule + 1 happy per unit then representative but sometune universal sufferage
            legal : bearuacracy if i am small other wise vassalage till i get free speech or nationhood
            Labour: slavery then emancipation
            Econ: Free market
            Religion: org religion tehn free religion one all my relgions are spread

Btw i change only one civic at a time unless i need major changes or am spiritual. it can take a while to change 3 civics but i am productive while i am waiting for everything to calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermann the Lombard
              Agreed, Marathon is great...if you're up for the marathon! I just finished my first victory at Monarch working from Vel's Workshop 1 starting position. Finished with a Domination win in 1658 AD . . . after only 89 hours of play.
              OMG! What was it a huge map? It must gone deep into the modern era. The last two standard pangea map have been 10 hours, winning by domination in 1332AD/1336AD.

How many units approximately did you have at the end of the game? The long games that I've played, have usually had around 500 units instead of under 80 units in my standard map games.

Comment

Standard map, and--as in Vel's AAR--I finished up attacking with tanks and marines, and was building a few bombers just for show. The problem is that I'm an excruciatingly extreme micromanager.

It was a very interesting game and you can download the starting position from the Devel's Workshop I thread.
                "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Originally posted by Hermann the Lombard
                  Agreed, Marathon is great...if you're up for the marathon! . . . after only 89 hours of play.
                  Huge Continents/14 rivals/Marathon and 80-100+ hours (weeks/months of play), with a blend of Noble/Monarch difficulty level. Just my speed.

Comment

Working...
                  X