Multiple Permanent Alliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Permanent Alliances

I've heard (probnably here) that it's possible to get groups of three civs in permanent alliances. How is this possible?

In my current game Isabella, Hatshepsut and Tokugawa were all willing to enter a permanent alliance with me once I researched communism. I had defensive pacts with Isabella and Tokugawa. I had had a defensive pact with Hatshepsut but two turns earlier she declared against Gandhi.

I first signed up for an alliance with Isabella (most advanced and of the three liked me the least; -3 close borders). Now I no longer have the option to get an alliance with either Tokugawa or Hatshepsut. They both remain friendly and there is no new negative modifier since the Spanish-American alliance was formed.

My initial guess was that Isabella had to be willing for an alliance as well. However, all relations between Hatshepsut, Isabella, Tokugawa and Washington (me) are friendly. What's more, not only does Tokugawa still have a defensive pact with me but he also has one with Isabella.

So is it possible to get a second permanent alliance or have I missed some obvious element or both?

Thanks.
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

At least without modding anything, there can only be two civs in a permanent alliance.

In multiplayer, it's a different deal, you can have teams of 3 or 4 players, but in SP, permanent alliances are only signed between two nations.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Weird, I'm in a hotseat now and having just permanently allied with an AI, the option to do so is gone from my hotseating friend. quite annoying, as we had been planning to do that all game long, and now through whatever weird glitch we dont have the option anymore.

Comment

It hasn't been possible since 1.52. I know in an earlier version you could have a three way permanent alliance because I was in one. It surprised me when the option came up.

Comment

they changed that in 1.52?! thats ridiculous, why not just make it an option if they felt like it was bad somehow? that sucks, takes a lot of the cool possibilities out of the game.

Comment

Is there any chance something like this could be changed in a file in the Civ directory, or a fan-mod, or something?

Comment

Working...
            X