Port of Embarkation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of Embarkation

Quick question: if ground units are embarked on a ship in port, what happens if the port is attacked? My assumption is that the units automatically disembark rather than getting "caught" and potentially sunk in the harbor.
    "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

I had a similar question: if I have air units in a city and it gets taken, are they just deleted?

Comment

As far as I can tell, the sea and air units just disappear into thin air.

Comment

Sea units and air units in cities that are taken just get destroyed.

So if you capture an enemy city, put 20 Bombers there and then lose the city to a counter-attack, it's going to really, really hurt.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I think Hermann asked a different question(and I don't know the answer):the ship will be sunk by sure,but the ground unities remain they in the harbour to go bottom with the ship or return ground and fight?
          Best regards,

Comment

Why not avoid the risk

Don't leave troops in a boat in a city that is prone to attack. Or is it simply a problem that they already embarked in another city and have to wait a turn to disembark?

Comment

They fight.
              Early to rise, Early to bed.
              Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

Thanks, Keeper. So you say they will disembark and fight, thus possibly preventing me from taking the city and sinking the ship(s). That's what I would expect.

Sounds like it might be better to lure them out to sea where we *know* the ground units can't fight. [Just call your elite units "ballast."]
                "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

I know for a fact that I have had units in a ship help defend the city.
                  Early to rise, Early to bed.
                  Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

Working...
                  X