Installing patch on H drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing patch on H drive

Is it possible to install the patch on the H Drive? I mean v1.52, I currently have v1.09 installed.

You can install the patch where you have your Civ4 installation.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

When I try to update using the installation updater it won't recognize an H drive, so I need to update manually, but I can't just find the files anywhere. Basically I was asking for the files to update manually

Comment

You can't do it thoght the ingame updater? That sounds weird... You can DL the file neccessary from the directory.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I downloaded the patch from in the game, and then it takes me out of the game to install the patch, but it won't recognize the hard drive because it's H.

Comment

Not sure what you mean. How does it "not recogise" H: drive? Did you get error 1706 (something like that)? If so, you can safely ignore it.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I have my installation on F: partition and experience no issues patching it.

You may want to try the standalone patch instead of the in-game update. It's at 2k games and mirrors.

This may be a glitch where you have to:
              A. Uninstall the game.
              B. Delete all the folders the uninstall may have left, if any. Civ installs folders in three trees on my computer.
              C. Install the game.
              D. Install the patch.

Just in case yours is Direct2Drive, there's a specific patch for it at the Direct2Drive site.

Good luck.
              Last edited by Auldian; February 27, 2006, 22:41.
              Broogan Dreadbow
              WindowsXP Pro SP2, AMD AthlonXP 2800+, ASUS A7V600, ATI Radeon 9800Pro/128, TB Santa Cruz, 3x512MB PC2700 DDR, Seagate 200GB, Maxtor 40GB

Comment

Oh, well I guess that explains it, I'll go to Direct2Drive (Mine is from Direct2Drive)

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X