Wrong Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Religion

I am a Taoist, and I just realized, a lot of civilizations are mad at us because of that, they're all Pagens so how do I switch to that?

The symbol for paganism (no state religion) is at the far right of the religion screen (f7)
    If you're not a rebel at 20 you have no heart. If you're still a rebel at 30 you have no brain.

Comment

Oh, does that mean I don't get benefits of any religion?

Comment

That's right, at least not until you get the Free Religion civic.

Comment

Usually early in the game switch to the religions your best friends have, although running no state religion is ok if you have lots of different religions, as you get a culture point for every religion in each city when running no state religion rather than just 1 for your state religion otherwise, these extra culture points along with temple and monastry points can be valuable in the early game

Comment

Other civs aren't mad at your religion if they're pagans and you're a taoist. They're only mad at you if your religion is not their religion. But paganism is not a religion, it's the lack of a religion (in civ)

They're maybe mad at you for other reasons.
            Hover your mouse over their names in the right-bottom corner of the screen to see why they're mad at you.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

No paganism is a civic, they are probably buddhists or hinduists and have yet to discover monotheism for organised religion.

Comment

Well, the question is: with 'pagans', do you mean they have paganism as a civic? Or do they have no state religion?
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I'm pretty sure you don't get any penalties for taoism <-> paganism.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Civs that have no state religion don't care what religion you are running.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ditto Solver, if they haven't adopted a state religion, they have absolutely no opinion on you...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In that respect you mean.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

If they have no state religion, try to be the first to sign open borders and send a missionary their way and they will switch to yours. Since you're already at Toaism though, this probably isn't the case (?).
                          ...and I begin to understand that there are no new paths to track, because, look, there are already footprints on the moon. -- Kerkorrel

Comment

Originally posted by trev
                            Usually early in the game switch to the religions your best friends have, although running no state religion is ok if you have lots of different religions, as you get a culture point for every religion in each city when running no state religion rather than just 1 for your state religion otherwise, these extra culture points along with temple and monastry points can be valuable in the early game
                            I don't think that's the case. I believe you don't get any culture for religions when running no state religion until you are using the Free Religion civic. That would make having no state religion much more powerful than actually using a religion. I've never actually tried it though so I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

You're right, you only get bonuses for the different religioons you have when you get free religion.

Comment

Working...
                              X