Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the? i thoguht i was too primitive

ran in to this a couple of days ago thought it was really odd
    Last edited by unamablebuiler; February 23, 2006, 16:03.

Well you do have Uranium revealed.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Try saving it as jpg instead
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Why is it odd? Some civs don't want to see a potentially powerful rival.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think he means that when you are dealing with uranium and scientific method, divine right isn't exactly a cutting edge tech.

Comment

i saved it as i had never seen it before and was behind and not very powerful (no one else was versus them either) they were double everyone else in nearly every measure.

the bit map image no longer works here is the image

Comment

Well, he could just say he doesn't like you instead. He isn't your buddy and isn't going to trade with you, period.

Comment

It reads like "We fear you're running away with the game", but what it actually means is that you've hit the tech-trading threshold, which forbids further tech trading. (it's basically a way to prevent acquiring techs exclusively by tech brokering without any research)

A more appropriate tooltip would be:
                "Do your own damn research!"

Comment

Wants to maintain his tech edge on you?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGator
                    Wants to maintain his tech edge on you?
                    Exactly. May not be a big tech to him, but why would he want to see you gain on him?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I often have AIs telling me they won't trade a tech because 'We'd rather win the game, thank you very much.'

Comment

the thing is he also has something like triple the GNP of anyone else and more than everyone else combined in other words he is going to steam roller everyone else sooner or later. This map was earth i was playing as egypt and his largest rival but i had minimal prod and africa being africa my economy was a basket case.
                        this is what the GNP was over the last 150 turns

mfg goods is even worse no real increase over that time
                        Though it is cheating i had a look in the world build and he was building panzers he can afford to trade and not loose his edge.

this game its clear what will happen now everyone will get rolled.
                        time to :

Comment

Working...
                        X