Finding cities in the fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding cities in the fog

One of the things I hated in Civ2 was the ability to find information by clicking in the black (unexplored) sections of the map. Civ 4 has done a much better job of hiding information, but I stumbled across an exception in my latest game (link). I found a scout in a hut on the first turn and he managed to explore most of the continent. Years later, I can see where a city was founded because of its defensive bonus. The cursor doesn't show up on the screenie, but it's on the grassland square right under the pigs in the middle of the screen.

So you're saying you can see the little bit of text telling you what the city's defensive bonus is, but you can't see the city unless you send a guy over there to discover it?

Comment

If you WANT to go to that extreme to find fogged cities, it's your loss. I appreciate how you generally need an UPDATED map to see city locations and size.

Comment

axisworks - yes, you can find a city in the fog, and know its culture level.

Jaybe - I *don't* want to go to that extreme. I never used black clicking or city triangulation in Civ2, but I think it put me at a disadvantage when I was doing multiplayer. I'd love it if Firaxis removed this "feature".

Comment

I also don't like how consulting the top five cities list reveals what other civs are in the game. It really should say something like "stonehenge, build in distant land" or something.

Comment

I wonder what it means in terms of some of the 'AI doesn't know what you don't know' debates.
            www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Working...
            X