Frustrating problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating problem...

i'm in the 1800s, ready to invade an enemy, ready to build eiffel tower and pentagon. when either of these are built, the cinematics freeze up, sometimes it forces through when i click ok button. But then i can't save. Most of the cinematics have been choppy up to that point, so i understand. If i set graphics to low will that work for saved games, or just new ones. i'm a computer noob.

It will work for saved games aswell.

You can turn off movies too.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I had that problem - upgrading from a 64mb video card to a 256mb one solved it.
      Up grading a video card should be pretty straightforward and your computer manual may even detail how to do it .

Comment

thanks, how do you turn the movies off? i couldn't find where to do that. i don't see anything under graphics?

Comment

In the init file there is a value for Movies.

Change

Movies=0

to

Movies=1

Comment

I think you dig into the INI. file for that.

MyDocument\Civ4\Civ4.ini
            Open it and look for the setting and change it accordingly.

Sorry, I just did a clean install and haven't reinstalled Civ4 yet, so - by heart - that's the best I can do.

If something goes wrong, just delete the file, once you start and Civ4 notices there's no .ini file, it will create a new one (default settings), either that or there is a back_up.ini file in the same directory.
            Better wait for some confirmation before fiddling around.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

all i see it saying is this

[71098.812] DBG: CIV Init
              [71098.812] VERSION: App: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe
              [71098.812] VERSION: Build: Wed Dec 21 23:17:25 2005
              [71098.812] VERSION: 1.5.2.1736 (42422)
              [71098.828] VERSION: Mod Loaded: none

Comment

i think i found it, thanks for help

Comment

I have this happend almost every time I complete a wonder, so I have taken to saving at the end of every turn. Then when the movie screen doesen't show the movie, I just press <ctrl>+F4 and start Civ4 again, load the last save game and press <enter>. Untill now this have solved the problem for me, but it's still quite annoying.
                  Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                  Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Working...
                  X