Stacks with 20+ units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacks with 20+ units

I had a nice, peaceful game going when Monty suddenly decided to pay me a visit with this nice stack of 20+ cavalries.

Maybe a stupid question but does anyone know how to see how many units there is in a stack if there is more than 20 units in it?
    (it only shows the 20 first units, then it just says "...")

Well I was doomed anyway but in some cirmumstances you might really want to know if there is 20 or say 50 units in a stack.
    In this case Monty split up his stack the turn before he destroyed my city into four smaller stacks.
    (one stack of 13 units, on stack of 14, on of 6 and one of 3) so I was able to see that he had 36 units in total.
    But I only could "see" 20 of them until he split them up.
    GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
    even mean anything?

What you needed was a nice counter stack of about a dozen Cannons, either with combat promotions or barrage. That would have weeded that stack out right quick.

However, I don't know of any way to see exactly how many are in the stack once it's reached the "..." stage.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

I notice this one alot in MP where stacks frequently exceed 20. I think that it would be better if the game organized stacking into the same units and just put a number next to how many of that unit there are, rather than listing every single one. If you click on that unit grouping, then it could expand on those so you could individually check out each of them for their health. How you group your units could even change - perhaps the ability to view stacks of "injured" and "uninjured" or stacks of "2 move" and "1 move" or something along those lines.

Comment

Sounds like you're after CTP's "army manager" there, Atomation.
        One of the best things about CTP along with the more realistic battles rather than the 1 on 1 ding-dongs we still get in Civ.

Comment

Working...
        X