Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demographics-Approval rating. What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographics-Approval rating. What is this?

Can anyone please explain what approval rating is.

Im sorry if this have been explained somewhere, but I havent been able to find anything on this subject.

I suspect it has something to do with how good diplomatic relations I have with the other civs, but im not sure.

Please include the Vikings in the Expansion :-)
    Disabling Creative Live Soundcard and use Onboard Sound = No more lock ups and restarts. I am reborn after I found out about this....and then it startet again.

I would have thought its to do with the total number of happy faces in your empire, but am only guessing based on Civ II.

Comment

Looking throught the calculations done on the screen, it does appear that approval is related solely to city happiness:

Here is the relevant code where it calculates relative values:

if (pCurrPlayer.calculateTotalCityHappiness() > 0):
      aiGroupHappiness.append(int((1.0 * pCurrPlayer.calculateTotalCityHappiness()) / (pCurrPlayer.calculateTotalCityHappiness() \
      + pCurrPlayer.calculateTotalCityUnhappiness()) * 100))
      else:
      aiGroupHappiness.append(50)

Comment

Thank you
        Please include the Vikings in the Expansion :-)
        Disabling Creative Live Soundcard and use Onboard Sound = No more lock ups and restarts. I am reborn after I found out about this....and then it startet again.

Comment

I think it has to do with both, then, because I have had my rating go up (and down) after diplomatic actions.

Comment

Did you get happiness resouces in trading or lost them because of war? That would explain the change.
            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Working...
            X