Playing higher starting eras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing higher starting eras?

Anyone ever played a custom game with a higher starting era other then ancient? I just tried one for the first time, a duel map and started it in Industrial. On Noble, quick speed, I won this game very easily. Anyway, it was pretty neat for a change of pace. It felt good to be able to skip all of the old units and jump right into modern stuff. I am just not sure I like playing this way but a larger map with normal speed and more civs maybe alot better. I may try out another industrial or modern start game with a bigger map and alot more civs, see how it goes. Would like to hear others feedback on games they have played like this.
    -PrinceBimz-

The bit that is messed up is research takes so very, very long. You kind of may as well go with 0% research and just smash everyone.

Comment

Re: Playing higher starting eras?

Originally posted by PrinceBimz
      Anyone ever played a custom game with a higher starting era other then ancient?
      It's nice to see all resources when building cities, and that cities start with the basic buildings and higher population. However, a modern start requires a more war-oriented, fast run-and-crush-'em gameplay, which does not suit me that much. All in all, it makes up for a very refreshing change once in a while.

Comment

I have never tried to start in a different age, it doesn't really sound fun at all. It kinda takes the point of the game (going from stoneage men to present day)
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
        X