Custom game settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom game settings

How do you set the dificulty level for the AI in a custom game?
    The setting next to my civ doesent do anything or does it?

I´d like to play on a standard or large map with all 18civs and on monarch or emperor level. NOT noble on witch i have twice the score of the AI when i get to the middle ages.

I'm assuming that if you set yourself to Emporer difficulty that's all that matters.

I only play using custom settings and I only adapt the difficulty level next to my name. I've noticed a large improvement in the change from the AI's abilities on Prince to Monarch.
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

It's the setting next to your civ that changes the difficulty for the game. You can't set it for each civ
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

what about in multiplayer? (hotseat at least)
        each player can pick a different difficulty... what happens then?

Comment

One gets a head start I'd imagine. And a lot easier premises.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I use the different settings on Multiplayer to do handicapping. One of my kids plays some. The kid gets Settler level and I get Warlord. (I still am not that good.) It makes a very effective handicapping system. The kid is getting away with a lot of mistakes and still keeping up with me. Very nice feature.
            If you aren't confused,
            You don't understand.

Comment

Working...
            X