Change game difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change game difficulty

This is a silly question perhaps, but can you change game difficulty halfway through a game?
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Don't think so, though I'm not entirely sure.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

No

What you can do, I think, is to edit the XML files and change your "difficulty level" that way.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

And that would be cheating. But each to his own, if you don't mind, by all means just do it.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          No

What you can do, I think, is to edit the XML files and change your "difficulty level" that way.
          Which XML files? They dont affect save games?

And I wanted to make the game more challanging, not easier. I seem to be so far ahead of most of my rivals, I was hoping to give them a boost so that i havent wasted the last week or so.
          The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

Destroyer: they are in Assets\XML\GameInfo (something like that) and the file is HandicapInfo.XML. Don't forget to make a backup before you tinker with it. Also, clear the cache before you load your saved game.

Nikolai: yeah, he doesn't have to make the game easier.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
            X