Space Race bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Race bugs?

First one isn't really a bug - just a stupid AI complaint. I've just won a space race game against Asoka despite him being 5-6 techs ahead because he decided to build a spaceship component in a tiny desert city that would take something like 50 turns to complete it. More than enough time for me to research those techs and crank out my spaceship parts in high production cities.

How hard is it to get the AI, instead of building an item in whatever city has an empty build queue, to work out that the item will be finished quicker if it lets a bigger city finish what it is doing and then build the item. Even a routine to check how long a major item would take and not build it if the time is unreasonable would be better than this.

Second item may well be a bug concerning the Space Elevator. I think Asoka built it before I discovered Robotics - at least it never showed as a build option for me (yes, I did have cities within 30 degrees of the equator). However it never showed up on the Top 5 Cities/Wonders screen and the end game run through never showed it being built, nor could my spy find it in any of his cities. Yet when I checked the city building his last SS component it showed a 50% boost to production of spaceship parts. Monty did raze Calcutta around that time and I wonder if that happened on the turn the Elevator was finished so that Asoka got the benefit awarded to him and it was considered built but never showed as finished in a city or the Wonders screen.

If that is so, surely there should be no benefit from a Space Elevator that is a smoking pile of rubble?
    Never give an AI an even break.

The AI gets enough benefits at the higher levels. I'm prepared to put up with it making some bad decisions.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
    X