Changing Victory Conditions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Victory Conditions?

Is there anyway to change the Victory conditions of a game after it's started? I wanted to play a game to Conquest, but I forgot to set the Victory condition at the beginning. Can the setting be changed within the game, or is there an editor with which I could do this?
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

No, that would be something easily abused.

Comment

Fine, that's your opinion. I'm asking for help, not rancor. May I point out that the World Builder enables the user to modify virtually everything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        Fine, that's your opinion. I'm asking for help, not rancor. May I point out that the World Builder enables the user to modify virtually everything else?
        Who's giving you rancor? It stands to reason something like that shouldn't be allowed. Mansa's about to beat you the spaceship? Just turn off space victory at the last minute. And so on and so forth. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time about it.

Comment

You could just as easily use World Builder to make a couple of ICBMs and nuke the city building the ship.

Comment

True. I never really think about cheating with the World Builder, I only use it if I'm testing something or trying to figure out how the game works.

Comment

AFAIK the only type of game which allows choosing the vioctory conditions is the custom game - but you can't load a specific map with a custom game.

Comment

I'm sure it's just an oversight, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do this with the world builder. Realizing you forgot to uncheck Space Race on a Marathon game around 1850 can be very frustrating. If you're willing to go into the world builder, you can do whatever you'd like anyway, this would just be a quicker and more elegant way of doing it.

Comment

I tried that. It's possible to save a game to WorldBuilder, then use Explorer to locate the file and open it with notepad. Using notepad the victory conditions not desired can be removed. Unfortunately when I startede the edited WorldBuilder game all of the civs I had already conquered were back in their original cities, because the computer thinks you're starting all over! All of my other cities will be intact. I guess I could use WorldBuilder on those cities to change them back to my control, but right now I'm a little steamed.

Comment

Working...
                  X