• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Allocation Failure

The message I get is

Memory Allocation Failure - exiting program

Reason: Bad Allocation
    File:.\cvAppMainLoop.ccp,line 261

This is coming up late in a game with lots of civs, which I would like to finish.

Have I run out of memory???

The saves are corrupt after this failure starts appearing.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Well, do you think you could have run out of memory? How much have you got?

What happpens if you try an earlier autosave from several turns before, can you continue the game past that same point with them?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I have 1 gig of ram

its a P4 4.6 gz

I've replayed the game a few times and it crashes at about the same spot, not always exactly the same, between 1882 and 1886
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Weird... and I assume it's with the patch.

Care to load the game and check how much memory is being used, your RAM and your swap? Maybe it's really pushing it all to the limits, although you should still have enough.

What map is it, BTW? The built-in Huge map or are you using a custom even larger size?
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

its the built-in huge - there are 8 big civs left

I wonder if it would help if I lowered the graphic/animation options

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
            its a P4 4.6 gz
            4.6?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

it gave 2 speeds, the other was less

Comment

I have run into the same problem and I have 2 gigs of ram. Is their a fix to the problem. It happens late in the game on all maps.BTW I am not running the patch due to the fact that I am stranded in a hotel with dial up. I have a hard time believing that not being patched would stop me from finishing a game.

Comment

no solution given so far

Comment

Spent the 3 hours downloading on 56k to patch with no success.

Comment

Working...
                    X