Do huts pop later game techs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do huts pop later game techs?

Does the game still give free techs later in the game?

It’s just a question because, with exploration, you can often find small islands containing undisturbed villages. Has anyone had any experience of these giving higher level techs like Astronomy or Banking?

I still have to laugh at one game of Civ-CTP I played when I discovered a small island located just to the north east of my empire. This area of the map had just be unexplored until this stage and I have already established a couple of underwater cities. When I saw the hut I sent a paratrooper over to their and they popped a tech from the village who had apparently mastered the technology of Asteroid Mining..

Just wondering if something similar were possible in this game.

I have popped drama from a hut.

From another thread - someone popped astronomy from a hut.
    Early to rise, Early to bed.
    Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

So I guess "Space Elevator" is possible?

Comment

I can see that now. "We are just a small, backward people, but perhaps White Bwana would like to learn of our ancient wisedom called 'Robotics'"?

- Gus

Comment

I got Monarchy and felt pretty good about that

It would be cool if some huts gave you new 'hut only' unique units from Civs that didn't make it into the game.
          www.neo-geo.com

Comment

And has anyone ever managed to be the first to any of Code Of Laws, Divine Right, Economics, Fusion Power, Liberalism, Meditation, Monotheism, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Polytheism or Theology by popping it from a hut? That must be so sweet if it happens.
            Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Check CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml. Each tech has a bGoodyTech variable that determines if you can get it from a goody hut.

Comment

I mean CIV4TechInfos.xml

Comment

I got astronomy from a hut this very morning before work.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRudd
                    And has anyone ever managed to be the first to any of Code Of Laws, Divine Right, Economics, Fusion Power, Liberalism, Meditation, Monotheism, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Polytheism or Theology by popping it from a hut? That must be so sweet if it happens.
                    I've founded religions before from huts.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

This should be corrected by a patch. Only the most primitive techs should come from huts. This reminds me a fun moment while playing Call to Power many years ago: once I found a mid third millenium military unit from such a hut. What a tribe!

Comment

Mmmm, I'm not sure at the superlate techs... I once played a OOC Raging Barbs game (See if I could Survive). I sent spies all over the map and none of them popped a tech, but this could be because I wasn't using an explorer type unit. (That game started to suck once I set up a solid defense and the units stopped upgrading..)

Comment

Originally posted by johnmcd
                          I got Monarchy and felt pretty good about that

It would be cool if some huts gave you new 'hut only' unique units from Civs that didn't make it into the game.
                          I'm not convinced that would be good. I, for one, would spend the rest of the game trying to protect that unit if it were any good. If not, then it's pointless anyway because we would already have a better unit for any given situation. Either way, its utility is highly limited.
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I meant the ability to build that unit really. I acknowledge it would be limited, just to add colour though, like Gurkhas in the British army or something.
                            www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Originally posted by gus_smedstad
                              I can see that now. "We are just a small, backward people, but perhaps White Bwana would like to learn of our ancient wisedom called 'Robotics'"?

- Gus
                              roflmao
                              e4 ! Best by test.

Comment

Working...
                              X