Need Help with the Demographics screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with the Demographics screen

I was taking a look at the Demographics screen just yesterday and noticed that I was in second place with "number of soldiers" now what I was wondering is how many soldiers does one unit constitute, or does it depend on the unit, i.e. 1 grenaider=100 men and one warrior=50 men. The reason I wonder this is because I'd like to figure out roughly how far behind I am militarily.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

It takes into account the number of units you have and their strength, and maybe other things like overall population, as some changes in the number of units on screen does not seem to match with new units coming online, unless maybe it also adds in partially completed units being built in cities, certainly building extra units or upgrading units always adds to the number on the demographic screen.

Comment

Thanks for your assistance on this one trev. However the response begs the question, is there anyway to find out exactly how far behind I am militarily next to the 1st place person. As I remember from Civ3 I could steal the world map of another civ and go to my military screen and see exactly how I stack up. Is there a similar way in Civ4 aside from the commonly unsuccessful way of stealing plans with a spy. Also is there anyway, on the demographics screen, of finding out who the that first place person is exactly as the Power graph indicates overall power and not just military. It is becoming increasingly frustrating to see that someone is ahead of me in i.e. Life expectancy and not knowing who I'm struggling for that position with. If not I may be taking this over to the creation and files section. Thanks again trev.
      atrocities.
      - Voltaire

Comment

I actually kind of liked the original demographics screen because you could compare just you and another civ. Now you only have that ability in the graphic screen.

Comment

Religion can help a lot in this regard as well. You can "see" the cities of your religion.

True, you only see the troops in or near the city, but it should give you a fair indication of numbers, and more importantly, quality of your opponents' troops.

Failing that, you could also send people around (through open borders) and "scout" the opposition first.

Unfortunately, the demographics screen isn't as detailed as we'd want it to be (which is probably correct anyway -- I mean, how would we know exactly what troops and how many China has?) I guess all the demographics can tell us is that China has a strong military relative to ours... whether that's made up of 500 archers or 12 cannons is a separate question, and one I think which should not be answerable without espionage, religous reports, or actual scouting missions by our troops.

Comment

True, but in that example how do we know that the "Rival Best" indicates china? Can I find that out someway? Did I overlook something?
            atrocities.
            - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by greenday_234
              True, but in that example how do we know that the "Rival Best" indicates china? Can I find that out someway?
              Sure! Attack China.
              "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Originally posted by greenday_234
                True, but in that example how do we know that the "Rival Best" indicates china? Can I find that out someway? Did I overlook something?
                Check the graph under "power." That should indicate everyone's relative military might.

Comment

Working...
                X