Which AI Leaders are a challange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blake
    IMO the most dangerous military leader is Napoleon, when he goes to war he doesn't mess around!

In my last game Napoleon was the stupidest civ, whenever he attacked me (which he did very often) it took no time for me to destroy his forces and take a few of his cities... In that game I was one of the civs with the weakest military. When he went to war he only attacked with few units at a time. After taking a few cities he wanted peace, but shortly after the peace time was over he attacked again. After this went on for 5-6 times I took his second last city. Then I started planning a huge attack on Russia (Napoleons last city was hidden behind Russian borders), so I could take them out

Not once did they attack with a decent army... the other civs on the other hand...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I find Cyrus to be consistently strong in every game he's appeared in. His game-plan seems fairly well balanced - some religion and culture, strong research, a reasonable army, sensible growth pace and sound city placement.

Comment

I realize this is likely the wrong place to put this, but this thread has names like 'megahuge' and 'hugex2'.. where are these maps? Downloadable, or a mod to the Map Script?
        It's a CB.
        --
        SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

Originally posted by EternalSpark
          I realize this is likely the wrong place to put this, but this thread has names like 'megahuge' and 'hugex2'.. where are these maps? Downloadable, or a mod to the Map Script?
          I basically doubled the size given in gameinfo.xml to

Dont quite know what the number mean, but they were about 30% bigger that they were for huge, which should mean about double the size(ish).

The AI just kind of gives up sometimes.

I have started a new game, and am in front of everyone by a massive amount in the renaissance.

I have noticed that the civ closest to me always seems to be the next most powerful. I think I will move up to Monarch for my next game.
          The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

When one changes something in the gameinfo.xml that change remains until undone or it's just for this game?
            My thanks in advance.
            Best regards,

Comment

I just played a noble game on terra as the Incas. I never really had a problem with Saladin before, but this time I bordered him. His culture output was crazy and he stole a lot of my land and grabbed a few cities that I had rightfully stolen. I even boosted my culture percentage for a couple of turns and it still didn't work.

So it really depends on your situation as to which AIs succeed. Most of the games I play though, it seems that the financial AIs consistently do well or the best. (Huayna, Catherine, Mansa Musa, Elizabeth)

Comment

I've only played one long serious game so far, so its not exactly a big sample size, and I (edit: WAS) still playing on Warlord, and I took out Alexander's continent easily, and won a culture victory.

Huayana Capac was the strongest AI score throughout the game. Alexander and Montezuma were the weakest, even before I attacked Alexander.

Tokugawa LOVED me. We had the same religion and I was under his Mercantilism. He was the only AI to vote for my diplomatic victory time and time again, which I never got, but came close.

I wanted to go after my other nearest neighbor, Cyrus, just for practice but he had so many defensive pacts and I didn't want to lose my best trading partners.

But Huayana Capac was the best AI, the largest besides me, a few hundred ahead of Mansa Musa. I had 16% of the map, Huayana had 11%, and MM was also large. Elizabeth was 4th, though much smaller in size, and then a drop to the next 5 (Napoleon, Isabella, Asoka, Cyrus, Tokugawa), with Montezuma in the dust, and Alexander with just one tiny city far-away left.

Comment

Americans have definitely been the toughest opponents so far. I already lost 2 games to them.

Romans are among the leading AI Civs in all of my games so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X