No announcement yet.

Settler vrs takeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you raze it make sure you get a settler out there fast. The AI annoys the crap out of me with razing because they will continuously build a new city on the same spot and they'll do it quickly too.
    What I tend to do to avoid this is if it is a city I don't want I'll gift it to my closest ally so I don't have to deal with it and I don't have constantly be recapturing and razing the same city over and over.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by greenday_234
      What I tend to do to avoid this is if it is a city I don't want I'll gift it to my closest ally so I don't have to deal with it and I don't have constantly be recapturing and razing the same city over and over.
      Is it possible for the original owner of that city to culturally recapture the city since you gifted it to someone else? Or does the "No culture swap after conquest" rule still apply? (Assuming of course that's the rule you have enabled)

Comment

Some AI cities are just badly placed because the blue circle doesn't value water enough. It's not uncommon to see eyesores such as computer cities placed with a 1 square gap to a river on one side and a 1 square gap to the coast on the other. Whether I keep these or not depends on what resources they're covering and how late in the game it is - the earlier it is the more likely I am to raze the city so I don't end up irritated by its bad position for the rest of the game.

Comment

my strategery is to take the 2 or 3 closest cities, then ruch to the center of thier empire and raze a couple core citys, then demand money and tech that i have sacrificed to field my war machine from my enemy for peace this effectively cripples them for the rest of the game

i only play on noble though might not work on higher difficulties

Comment

[SIZE=1] i only play on noble though might not work on higher difficulties
            Well...if you can pull it off it will work on some higher difficulties. Mostly you may not get the reparations that you want.
            "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
              I do not destroy infrastructure of cities I want to take over. When attacking a city, I decide whether I want to keep it or not. Those I want to keep I don't pillage. The only thing worth pillaging is raods, towns and villages imo, the rest can be countered by just standing on it, except for strategic resources, but that's often not the majority of tiles, and they are worth pillaging only if the enemy has no other source.
              I won't pillage towns around cities I want to capture because they take years to grow. As you said they can be countered by putting a unit on the tile. I tend to pillage things that can be rebuilt quickly, but only if it is necessary.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
              X