Questions on the Monestaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on the Monestaries

Currently in my game I have three religions founded, I am running a little behind in the tech lead against Egypt so I decided to use my monestaries to boost my research abilities. My question boils down to this, the 10% research that you get from building the monestary is that cumulative in that city, i.e. if I built an islamic monestary & a Buddhist monestary would I get a 20% increase in science in that city?
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

They stack, so it's theoretically possible to get up to 70% if you had all seven religions in a city.

Comment

Re: Questions on the Monestaries

Originally posted by greenday_234
      Currently in my game I have three religions founded, I am running a little behind in the tech lead against Egypt so I decided to use my monestaries to boost my research abilities. My question boils down to this, the 10% research that you get from building the monestary is that cumulative in that city, i.e. if I built an islamic monestary & a Buddhist monestary would I get a 20% increase in science in that city?
      It's determined by the base amount your city is producing. So if your city is putting out 10 beakers on it's own each Monastery will add 1 more, for a total of 12. You can find out your base amount by rolling over the beaker icons with your mouse/cursor.

Comment

simply put, yes they combine... Not cumulative, just combinative (is that a word?). so library 25%, academy 50%, and 2 monestaries = 95% bonus.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

However monestaries don't help with reseach for cities producing less than 10 flasks (not beaker ). Maybe it's better to find ways to cut your expenses.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

However monestaries don't help with reseach for cities producing less than 10 flasks (not beaker ). Maybe it's better to find ways to cut your expenses.
            Not entirely true. It's true that in isolation a Monastary wouldn't, but in combination with a Library or another Monastary it would. For example in a city with 5 beakers, then 1 monastary gives 0 bonus, 2 monastaries give +1 beaker.
            In a city with 6-7 beakers, a library adds +1 beaker, a monastary increases that to +2. At 8 beakers the monastary doesn't help, at 9 beakers it takes it from +2 to +3.
            Basically getting the multiplier higher is a good thing as it reduces the effect of rounding down.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake

Not entirely true. It's true that in isolation a Monastary wouldn't, but in combination with a Library or another Monastary it would. For example in a city with 5 beakers, then 1 monastary gives 0 bonus, 2 monastaries give +1 beaker.
              In a city with 6-7 beakers, a library adds +1 beaker, a monastary increases that to +2. At 8 beakers the monastary doesn't help, at 9 beakers it takes it from +2 to +3.
              Basically getting the multiplier higher is a good thing as it reduces the effect of rounding down.
              I just ran a test in World Builder, and you're right. The percentages for each building combine together to increase the total. That's good to know.

Comment

Working...
              X