No announcement yet.

Island starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently had a coastal island start (ICE_AGE, Prince, Wide Continents, Marathon, Cathy). I started on a lake on a fairly small island towards the Southern pole. The positives; I had stone, marble, gems and lots of clams, fish, and crab.

I did what I guess is called the farseer (don't know as I haven't read any strat threads on this technique). I was able to get Stonehenge and the Oracle in my capital, used the prophet to get Theology, and the tech to get Metal Casting. In my 2nd city I got The Great Lighthouse and the Colossus. I believe at this time I met a bunch of people on a continent to my Northwest, separated by only coastal waters (I had to wait for Fred's borders to expand).

With the discovery of that continent, I didn't have to bee-line to optics. But I was well set up for it. I instead went for Alphabet and Literature (got the Great Library too). If I had been alone, my usual path is to bee-line to optics, backfill a little (try to time Alphabet with the first encounter with my caravel), then bee-line to liberalism for the free tech which gets me Astronomy.

Comment

Working...
    X