Financial civ bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial civ bonus

Civilopedia reads that a financial civ gives an extra gold on tiles with 2 gold.

In-game a fin. civ gets an extra gold on tiles with 2 or more gold. Means in late game nearly every tile produces an extra gold. Which is a huge difference.

Is this a mistake in the game or in the description, because its confusing.

What's so confusing about it? If a tile produces 4 gold, that still means it has the 2 gold required for the trait to kick in. It doesn't mean that the ability only works on tiles that produce exactly 2, that would make it a rather weak trait.

Comment

In-game a fin. civ gets an extra gold on tiles with 2 or more gold. Means in late game nearly every tile produces an extra gold. Which is a huge difference.

That's rate. Most late game tiles produce an extra commerce point.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I don't see whats confusing about it at all. Did you really believe that FIN only gave you an extra commerce (not GOLD) if that tile produced exactly 2?

Comment

Its certainly a big bonus, even bigger if combined with the organised trait for a large empire. Go Washington.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancidlunchmeat
            I don't see whats confusing about it at all. Did you really believe that FIN only gave you an extra commerce (not GOLD) if that tile produced exactly 2?
            Just like Expansive trait gives +2 health, there is no reason to believe(?) that it gives +20. Its not about believing(there is a church for that) anything. It reads "on tiles with 2 gold pieces", and 4 5 or 100 is not equal 2 last i checked.

Willem
            It should be a pretty good trait for coastial civs or archipelago games i guess.

Comment

For starters, if anything says anything about extra GOLD or extra gold pieces, it's completely incorrect and that should have been your first clue.

The manual is rather clear '+1 commerce on spaces generating 2 or more commerce'.

There is simply no rational that would explain why the FIN trait would give a +1 gold addition on tiles generating 2 and only 2 gold.

Then again, if you can find a tile that generates 2 and only 2 gold, perhaps the FIN trait actually does do as suggested.

Maybe you can find such a tile and test it out for us?

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                Its certainly a big bonus, even bigger if combined with the organised trait for a large empire. Go Washington.
                It's also nice if combined with half-price universities. Go Lizzie.
                Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

I noticed yesterday that the manual also says you can't rename cities once they've been founded.

er... yes you can.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

I love financial Civ's though. Ca-ching!

Just started my first game on prince (I know, only got it at Christmas... it's like my 6th ever game) and I got the Colossus. Water tiles give 4 gold v. handy this early!
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

And linked with the Great Lighthouse...
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yep... same city. :beer:

edit: No beer smiley?
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                          edit: No beer smiley?

I'll drink to that...
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                            X