Music to Wage War to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music to Wage War to

Lately when I got to war, especially in the modern era, I like to use my own music to set the proper mood. I've only got three songs right now though, anyone else got ideas for some war waging anthems.

Right now this is all I've got...

Imperial March from Star Wars (doesn't get any better when on the warpath)
    O Fortuna from Carmina Burana
    Damn it Feels Good To Be a Gangsta by the Geto Boys

Jim

Hmm, O Fortuna is a good one.

So is Metallica - Seek & Destroy, Iron Maiden - Sun & Steel (if you're fighting an air war), and, if you're fighting Arabia, Bombs over Baghdad
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Ride of the valkyries. God I love the smell of napalm in the morning, smells like...victory
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Queen - Another One Bites The Dust, as you send nukes out to every opponents cities...
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

The music playing during the Final Video of Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries. It's on the CD, track 20 (if memory serves). The drum solo at the beginning is perfect.
          It's a CB.
          --
          SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

rammstein (what I'm listening to right now ).

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              Hmm, O Fortuna is a good one.

So is Metallica - Seek & Destroy, Iron Maiden - Sun & Steel (if you're fighting an air war), and, if you're fighting Arabia, Bombs over Baghdad
              don't for get tailgunner or Aces high.

Iron maiden has lots of good fight songs. The Trooper, The duellists, Die with your boots on, etc.

Comment

2 Minutes to Midnight, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, etc.

It's true. If Iron Maiden played Civ, they'd be worse warmongers than I am, and that's saying alot...
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

There is some good music from a game called Historyline 1914-1918. Can't beat it.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Wow, I'm impressed and very pleased by you guys. I really figured most of you would be listening to something much less completely awesome.

My list would include
                    Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ride the Lightening, One
                    Tool - Aenima
                    Fear Factory - Zero Signal
                    Rush - Driven, Red Tide
                    and also I used to get ultra pumped to the music in the Civ III conquests, the Pacific Theatre scenario, and also the mesoAmerican one. Man those ruled (does anyone have them on mp3?) I could definitely use some of that while studying for the USMLE's (I'm in med school... if you hook it up, I'll hook you up with a free colonscopy or something).
                    May it come that all the Radiances will be known as ones own radiances

Comment

Try:

Mars: The Bringer of War by Gustav Holst
                      bleh

Comment

On amazon you have the right to listen the first 30 seconds:

"Mars, the Bringer of War is a violent work that deserves a place in any sci-fi shoot out"
                        bleh

Comment

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot to mention this, but

Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
                          for when your the Vikings (they better bring them and the Celts back)

Valhalla I am coomminnngg
                          On we sweep with threshing oar
                          Our only goal will be the Malinese Shore!
                          May it come that all the Radiances will be known as ones own radiances

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                            2 Minutes to Midnight, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, etc.
                            Let's not forget Run to the Hills.... run for your lives.
                            Last edited by Tokyo Sexwale; February 8, 2006, 04:12.
                            ...and I begin to understand that there are no new paths to track, because, look, there are already footprints on the moon. -- Kerkorrel

Comment

I don't have any for Civ4 for the moment, but used to play Pain with Dark Fields of Pain when my SOD of armies loaded with 4 modern armors crushed my enemies

Comment

Working...
                              X