Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLUS (Planning, Learning, Understanding, and Stuff) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS long as it takes ussually a replay from the start

i am beging t be able to read it but sometimes it just baffles me?

Comment

Originally posted by unamablebuiler
      i also reckon most people have not got the idea aout the difference between strategy and tactics.
      Yup.

In short, tactics is how you win the battle; strategy is how you win the war

In a battle situation troops will use tactics to gain an objective - but that objective may have changed by the time they gain it. This is frustrating for the troops, but in the overall strategy of the game/war it is more effective (ie brings the conflict to a conclusion sooner)

Some people equate war strategy (strategy is not a war-centric term (come to think of it neither is tactocs): it applies to any far-seeing plan) with politics. I would love to disagree with them

Strategy == long term plan; tactics == short term plan
      Dom 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

What you want to happen is to dream in that language.
        I like Civ. I'd like to be better at it than I am - that's why I read stuff here. But if I were to start dreaming about it then however good a player I felt I was becoming, I think I'd find something else to do for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

What you want to happen is to dream in that language.

An interesting concept. How do you hear sounds from dreams.

Or do you mean sleep-talk?

Comment

Have you ever had dreams that you remember when you wake up? If so, have any ever involved speaking? It's almost always in your native language. Only when you are REALLY fluent in another language do your dream conversations take place in that language.
            Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Working...
            X