Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug involving many stacked units in cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug involving many stacked units in cities?

I recently was packing a few of my border cities with massive amounts of troops in preparation for an imminent declaration of war by Victoria, and I started to notice that, when I click on a city square once to see what's inside, only a portion of the garrisoned units show up at the bottom of the screen. I'm not talking about how they get cut off with the right-left arrows, either... I had 4 artillery, 8 tanks, 8 apcs, and all I can see when I click on the square is one artillery, 5 tanks, and 4 apcs. To see all the units, I have to double-click on the city square and go into the city control screen. They're not grouped or anything, so I figure this is just a bug. It could also be a bug resulting from me running 1680x1050 resolution, perhaps? Anyone else run into anything similar?

Re: Bug involving many stacked units in cities?

Originally posted by axisworks
    resulting from me running 1680x1050 resolution
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Did I mention I'm running Civ4 on a laptop with a format ratio for watching wide-screen DVDs?

Comment

I had the same problem. I investigated and found out that there is a bug a specific function which is used in the CyMainInterface.py.
        The function which is causing the problem is "CyInterface.getPotListColumn()". It's buggy when there are more than 10 units displayed in the plot list. So it only happens when you have a resolution larger than 1024. Due to the malfunction, the left/right arrows are also not diaplyed when they should. And exactly this is the problem.
        Maybe its fixed in the next patch.
        Have a look on my mods :
        Modified Special Domestic Advisor 1.8b !!! UPDATE !!!
        Plot List Enhancement
        Restart interceptor animation after game load

Comment

Originally posted by 12monkeys
          I had the same problem. I investigated and found out that there is a bug a specific function which is used in the CyMainInterface.py.
          The function which is causing the problem is "CyInterface.getPotListColumn()". It's buggy when there are more than 10 units displayed in the plot list. So it only happens when you have a resolution larger than 1024. Due to the malfunction, the left/right arrows are also not diaplyed when they should. And exactly this is the problem.
          Maybe its fixed in the next patch.
          I have seen this bug at 1024x768.

Comment

You can hold down control and use the scroll wheel to cycle through the units.

Doesn't fix the bug, but it might help.
            Early to rise, Early to bed.
            Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

Working...
            X