Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to stop friends from fighting each other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to stop friends from fighting each other?

I've been playing a game with 6 AIs, two of which are Peter the Great and Hatshepsut. The whole game, they've been declaring war on each other, and, even though I've subsidized and traded heavily with both of them (and had to go to war twice against Peter), and negotiated a quick end to TWO wars they both started, they are still fighting, even after I passed all the UN treaties except the diplomatic win.

1. What would you do to get them to like each other?

2. What would you do with Peter to get him to favor me enough so I can get his vote (which would be the deciding vote) for a diplomatic win? Currently he is cautious of me, even though I gave him countless techs, one-sided resource trades, and chunks of money to try and gain his favor.

Some gaps are not meant to be bridged.

Comment

You'd be better off picking one to "assist" and crush the other.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Take Peter out... if you've declared war on him he's going to resent you... (Though I guess with the right bonuses he'd support you...).

Seriously though, just conquer Peter, that would give you the votes you need. (The AI can be fickle if you angered them in the past)

Comment

I've since done just that. I donated several armies to the Egyptians, since they've been my ally the entire game. After that I took my remaining ultra-massive forces, destoyed all the Russian units in Egypt's territory (they had already lost two cities by the time I joined the war), and am one turn away from capturing one major Russian city and Moscow.

Serves the bastard right for declaring war against me at the start of the game... not to mention ever saying thank you for all the techs, money, and resources I gave him to try and make up for all the resources I pillaged during our second war.

(evil laugh)

Comment

Originally posted by axisworks
            Serves the bastard right for declaring war against me at the start of the game...
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I plan to give 4 of his 9 cities to the Egyptians as gifts (they'd been absolutely hammered by the Russians over the course of several wars), keep a strategic 4 that will give me access to the west coast, and possibly donate one as a gift to the Americans if they join the war in the latter stages.

Comment

Working...
              X