No announcement yet.

Keshik ROCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't dis Kublai... he makes warmongering easy... don't need to waste time on obelisks, barracks are cheap, just get out there and train some keshiks and go. I find them incredibly useful for cutting a swath through my enemies' terrain improvements. Play a resource denial game, you can take on multiple opponents, just don't bother with the cities. Make them weak, and then when you get catapults, take them out.

Comment

I got Kublai, handily placed horses, and then realised I was all alone on a crappy little island. No fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Pauli
        I got Kublai, handily placed horses, and then realised I was all alone on a crappy little island. No fun.
        That's exactly what happened to me on my first ever Prince game. Strangely, I gave up on that one. (2nd Prince game, I was alone on an island again, but as Asoka. Won a space race. 3rd Prince game, I'm Kublai again, but this time on a continent with 5 other civs. ) Anyway, the Keshik has so far failed to impress, and as aggressive, I feel I'm wasting one of my traits building them instead of Axes or Swords ...

Comment

The real strength of Keshik are their ability to penetrate deep into enemy territory fast. Cut off the bronze and iron sources and suddenly your enemy is nearly defenseless. Those archers won't hold vs. Keshik. Note that both Genghis and Kublai's traits are made for early rushing. Kublai has cities that need less infrastructure, and a 1 chop granary for Genghis means more production.

Comment

I get Kubla a lot with random starts, the last one a Prince game with Rome and Japan as really close neighbors. My Keshiks took out Japan in a heartbeat, pillaging as they romped through his territory, and by the time I was through with Togu I had cavalry enough to deal with Jules. Never finished the game, though ... Kubla is boring, but I wanted to try the UU.

Comment

Working...
            X