Problems with patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with patch?

I've just upgraded to the latest patch, and suddenly the game seems to be playing as though it's on a really easy level (I'm playing on Emperor). Two things have happened already that weren't happening before - are these bugs in the patch?

1) My first city was immediately connected to my capital, even though it wasn't connected either by river or road. They WERE both on the coastline, but I hadn't discovered sailing yet. Is this a bug?

2) My 2nd city immediately began to expand it's borders, even though I hadn't yet set up an obelisk. Again, is this a bug with the new patch?

I do like the fact that the game now runs faster and more smoothly, but I didn't ask to have the game made much easier than before

1. This is by design, I believe.

2. Were you playing as a Creative leader?
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Had to start a new game. This time my first city wasn't connected - like before, I had to connect it myself. So I guess they've altered it so that all coastline cities are now connected, even without sailing..... ?

No, I wasn't a creative leader, that's what was odd about it.

Anyway, started a new game and I've already been battered by about 20 barbarian units..... seems harder than before now

Comment

Did you found a religion and have it spread to the second city?

Comment

Yes I did. I always play as the English so I rarely get an early religion, but I got Hinduism and it spread to the city. Does that connect them?

Having said that, I've just played another game, similar situation. Founded Hinduism again and built another city up the coastline. Once again it was immediately connected, even though the religion hadn't spread, and even though I don't have sailing, nor any river/road connection to the city. It looks like a bug to me - if you have a religion, you seem to get the coastline connection feature even without sailing. Or is this supposed to happen?

Comment

The religion spread doesn't connect them. What it DOES do is give you +1 culture, which will expand your borders.

I believe the coast will connect your cities even without sailing... But I think you need sailing to trade with opponents via the coast. I could be wrong about that one though.

Comment

Yeah, that explains the first part, obviously the religion was spreading my borders (shows how often I get religion, I didn't even notice that).

I'm sure in the past I've needed sailing to connect my cities via the coastline though. It even says that on the sailing description, but perhaps it does mean other civs.

Comment

Originally posted by Farflame
                Yes I did. I always play as the English so I rarely get an early religion, but I got Hinduism and it spread to the city. Does that connect them?
                No, but it does give you culture. Just having your religion in the city is enough to make your border expand, you don't have to actually build anything.

Once again it was immediately connected, even though the religion hadn't spread, and even though I don't have sailing, nor any river/road connection to the city. It looks like a bug to me - if you have a religion, you seem to get the coastline connection feature even without sailing. Or is this supposed to happen?
                It has nothing to do with Sailing or religion, just having the city on the coast is enough, provided there's no other cultural boundary in between, like a barb city for instance. I believe you can even connect to a city in the interior if it's on a river that drains into the sea. I'm not positive about that one though.

I have to admit though, sometimes I wonder where the connection occurs since I can't always seem to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Farflame
                  I'm sure in the past I've needed sailing to connect my cities via the coastline though. It even says that on the sailing description, but perhaps it does mean other civs.
                  I believe it only applies to trading, so you can't develop any trade routes along the coast until you get Sailing, but religion can still spread and resources are still connected. I could be wrong about that though, I haven't really looked into it much.

Comment

Working...
                  X