Mother of All Battles.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother of All Battles.....

After playing a superhuge map, for the last 2-3 weeks, things were really hotting up.

I had just conquered the neighbouring persian empire, and my city count was at about 65. I was just entering the modern era, and had two rivals on seperate land masses. The Aztecs, who had already conquored most of the tech tree and the Japs, who I had a recent skirmish with, with me capturing the three cities he foolishly settled on my continent.

It was clear. Tokugawa had to be punished. He raised one of my costal cities on my Western coast that I had not seen fit to adequately protect. The fool had not bothered to settle on the southern wastes of his land. The path was clear. A couple of my own cities formed hastely in this area could insert an invasion force into his territory at its weakest point. The battle to Kyoto would be long and hard, but by its end I would have the resources to invade The Aztecs from the East and the West. Their failure to secure a coal resource would mean I would conquor half his land before he could msuter a counter attack.

My spies were deployed to learn the lay on the land. There were nearly as many Japanese cities as my own. But some were poorly defended.

I moved across the reamains of the Persian Campaign. Some 200 tank veterans. 100 extra infantry and marine units to defend captured cities, and 50 bombers and fighters to reduce defences to rubble, even more tank reinforcements. A fleet of 40 Battleships to harrass the costal cities.

For hours I continued to build and transport my. 40 turns of patiently moving and waiting. I was ready to upgrade my tanks and infantry. Workers had built a rail network to their outlying cities. Everything was in place.

Only one thing remained.

Sleep.

I had to be at work in a couple hours. What was I thinking staying up this late? But tomorrow would see freedom and democracy bought to an entire nation. It was for a good cause.

One last turn.... time to save? Lets just check the news before bed (alt tab) ahhh, Shell record profits? hmm. Whatever (alt tab) ..........................................? Hey? Wheres my game gone?...(waits 30 minutes)....man Im tired.....Surely its not crashed? I havent saved it. What about autosave? There is no autosave. Which moron turned that off? It wasnt me, was it?

So the question is, so I

a: replay the last 40 or so turns and conquor the world,
    b: turn the autosave on and start a new game, or
    c: get some more sleep
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Erm... C? No, wait, don't throw rocks at me - B (because reloading games is lame)
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

c, then b. And use a sick day if you can. Yes, that's happened to me too, except with me I started a new game just to test a new map and it erased my entire backlog of autosaves. I hadn't even played two turns on this damnable new game. Much like the Holocast: Never again...
      "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

New game, you'll be bored to tears replaying that much combat.
        www.neo-geo.com

Comment

You must play it out

You must finish what you start!!! It is good for your soul.

Comment

Re: You must play it out

Originally posted by Stickyman
            You must finish what you start!!! It is good for your soul.
            Damn straight. Winners never quit, and quitters never win, etc.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Winners never quit, quitters never win, but those who never win and never quit are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by johnmcd
                New game, you'll be bored to tears replaying that much combat.
                I never got as far as the combat.

It was all foreplay.
                The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

finish what you started lad

bend them over your knees
                  anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Yeah. Those who "quit" during foreplay are not real men...
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      foreplay
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer
                        It was all foreplay.
                        Originally posted by LordShiva
                        Those who "quit" during foreplay are not real men...
                        Originally posted by Vince278

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

I assume you don´t have a girlfriend, Vince?
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I think I'd want to replay. But hey, that's me.

I know that I've continued playing after winning just to eliminate a rival who had foolishly attacked me. As soon as I wiped the Aztecs out, and razed their last city , I ended the game.

Comment

I think I'd want to replay. But hey, that's me.

I know that I've continued playing after winning just to eliminate a rival who had foolishly attacked me. As soon as I wiped the Aztecs out, and razed their last city , I ended the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X