Anyone else find it annoying? capturing workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else find it annoying? capturing workers

Why is it that I capture workers, yet AI destroys mine.

When I lose one, I instantly think, ah ok ill juhst capture it back, but its been destroyed

Can u set the AI to capture rather than destroy workers?

You, too, can destroy workers that you capture if you want to. The AI might have destroyed it, or it might have sent it back to safety (it gets a free move after being captured).

Don't like the AI capturing your workers? Then be more careful with them!

Comment

To the best of my knowledge the AI only destroys workers when it knows it can't hope to keep them. It would rather they were dead than you had them. Which is fair from an AI point of view, less so on the orphans and widows.
      www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Re: Anyone else find it annoying? capturing workers

Originally posted by CreepyD
        Why is it that I capture workers, yet AI destroys mine.
        Not always. If it can get the Worker safely out of the war zone, it will keep it. Otherwise it's history.

Comment

If I am in the process of taking over a civ, and i WILL have all their cities soon, I use my workers as scouts. I get them deep in enemy territory to look around and see what is there. Eventually, they will decide to come out and get the worker, but will always capture him instead of killing him.

Now, the enemy has captured an innocent 'POW' and that innocent civilian MUST be freed. So I send in an army to liberate that hostage civilian. And as a by-product, I get their city too.
          Early to rise, Early to bed.
          Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

Working...
          X