where is my gold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is my gold?

On the city screen I can see that I have gold in my territory. However, I have not the faintest idea where...
    In Civ3 one of the advisors would tell you where the resource you had could be found, but I have not been able to find something like that in Civ4.

anyone know of an easy way to find the whereabouts of your own resources?

!_!

I suppose you could zoom out and put on the resource flags (ctrl + r).

But when you put the city down did you not notice it? Or when the mine turned it up did you not zoom to it?
    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Maybe the gold is hidden under one of your cities?
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Use Ctrl-R to highlight resources in the map, preferably when you're in the globe view.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Thanks folks, Ctr-R is a real help. Still cannot find the gold though! Maybe under a city.

Comment

u didn't trade it from a ai by any chance?
            http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Just remember the Golden Rule... He who has the gold, makes the rules.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

No - I probably just did not pay enough attention and built a city on it....

Comment

You're not getting the gold from another Civ are you? No trade routes? That would explain why you can't find it. Even if you built a city on it control-r should bring up where the gold is at.

With control-r on just look for things that look like well...gold. Sometimes gold spawns on hills if you are lucky, so you may have built a mine where no gold existed originally but does now.

Comment

Working...
                  X