cant even get into the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant even get into the game.

I have Win XP sp2 w/ 1024 MB of Ram and Radeon x700 ATI video card. I have recently updated my video drivers and already had directx 9.0c...

When i double click Civ IV, the monitor blinks 3-4 times and displays an error msg " failed to initialize renderer - check directx version and graphic setting."

i have been trying for 2 days now and I'm about to throw this computer out the window. please help me....

The original fix to this problem: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=140859

But first and foremost, have you installed the official patch?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

i did install the official patch... now works fine... yay!~ However, whenever I play the game for 2-3 hours straight, the game automatically shuts off.

Comment

The game only or the entire system? If the game, what about any messages?

Generally, I know that sometimes overheating can lead to shutdowns...
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: cant even get into the game.

Originally posted by bongbong
          I have Win XP sp2 w/ 1024 MB of Ram and Radeon x700 ATI video card. I have recently updated my video drivers and already had directx 9.0c...

When i double click Civ IV, the monitor blinks 3-4 times and displays an error msg " failed to initialize renderer - check directx version and graphic setting."

i have been trying for 2 days now and I'm about to throw this computer out the window. please help me....
          As I've said in the other thread, install the directX version from the disk, it is imperative.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
          X