Fighters vs Gunships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters vs Gunships

In Civ4, it seems when I attack a gunship with a Fighter, it only causes damage. But IRL, wouldn't an F-15 fighter, say, blow an Apache gunship out of the sky completely?

IRL, can't a helicopter fly over water?
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

IRL, don't countries normally change HoS a few times per millennium?
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
        HoS
        Huh?

Comment

Head of State?

Anyway, in real life an F15 would blow up an Apache, but this is a whole brigade of Apaches.
          www.neo-geo.com

Comment

In real life I don't have as much time as I wanted to play Civ4.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

IRL, don't tanks defeat longbowmen?

Someone help OP put the worms back in the can...
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Apaches carry Sidewinders ...

Comment

IRL pikemen don't have the ability to attack gunships.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    IRL pikemen don't have the ability to attack gunships.
                    It's never been tried, we really just don't know.
                    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

If they have a really big rubber band, they could flick their pikes at the choppers blades, or actually through the windscreen, killing the pilot.
                      The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

In the air, fighter > gunship, but IRL if your gunships can carry troops, you can fly nap-of-the-earth, land the troops, which raid the airbase and blow up the fighters on the ground.
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Here we go again...

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

IRL Fighter can't shoot down Stealth Bomber and can't shoot down JET Fighter.

Comment

IRL life is boring.
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X