The more random the better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more random the better...

I like that I can randomize leaders, world size, etc. I would also like a "random" selection for what terrain type I play in. I would suggest it favor the more "typical" terrains such as Terra, Lakes, Pangaea, Great Plains, Archipelago, etc. and less the specialized maps such as the star-shaped one. Maybe even a set of check boxes of which terrains to randomize from.

I very much enjoy starting out not knowing what kind of world it is, how big it might be, how many other civilizations are there, etc. In my current game, I started out as random as possible and was expanding my Chinese civilization, only to discover it is a tiny map with only me and Frederick. Oops, time for a strategy change. This is what makes it more interesting.

I don't ever want to get stuck in my thinking and catch myself saying, "I only play as Rome" or "I only play with creative civs" or "I only [anything]."

I agree, we need a random map size that is actually random (random map size = duel map), and a random number of civs, and whatever else can be random
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Or random difficulty level. Eek, another deity game.

Comment

Or random civ version. Awesome, another Civ 1 game!
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

How bout a completely random game?

Pong??? Again??? Darn.

Actually Veritass has a good idea. A completely random map option would be very cool, especially if you could somewhat limit the parameters (e.g. turn off duel or huge maps if you don't like those, etc).
          "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDave
            How bout a completely random game?

Pong??? Again??? Darn.
            "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
            Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

I'd settle for civ opponents that are actually random. Just ONCE I want a game where I don't have to face Mansa Musa

Comment

Leave the room and have someone else set them for you.
                "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

wasnt there a full random script somewhere?

Comment

I agree, this is my number two choice for improvement in the next patch. Technology stealing is still first.

Comment

Working...
                    X