i have fixed all but one.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have fixed all but one.....

The only crash I have, even on the lowest of graphics, is a terrible one. Even after less than 5 min of play, after not playing all day, the crash still happens. All of a sudden, even with no lag my screen will click and turn black, with 100% keyboard unresponsiveness. The cup takes no commands and must be shut down, tis the black screen of death. I have no viruses, and I can run bf2 spec forces with absolutely no difficulties, and that game has a rep for problems. If anyone knows of a solution, (tweaking settings won’t work), please let me know as soon as you know of the solution. Any civ guys that can offer tech support would be appreciated.
    i have visited you game site, please visit mine....

www.playnet.com

Hi medic
    I used to have exactly the same issue. The monitor would turn off and i had to reboot.
    For me the issue turned out to be my motherboard, not my graphics, I would like to say there was a solution, however the only way I fixed my issues was by a complete upgrade of my system, the only original part i retained was my harddrive...

Comment

What happens if you play the game all day long? Or at least 4 -5 hours straight?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I played for 4 1/2 hours or so to test my new graphics settings, used to play 15min before a crash, but after 4 hours I was ok until roughly late 1780s on epic, then I had a CTD that came to a near freeze, without any lag in the game beforehand. But after an hour or so more game later on, the black monitor thing started happening, and happens after every load. Other games work just fine. (I was starting to become re-addicted to civ too!)
        i have visited you game site, please visit mine....

www.playnet.com

Comment

It's probably a memery leak problem. You can use Hark's memory fix (relevant thread in the General section) if you are playing patch 1.09 or below.

Are all of the graphics settings low?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
          X