Tanks can attack 10 times a turn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanks can attack 10 times a turn.

Dunno if anyone has noticed this before.

I was pretty surprised though.

I managed to attack 5 times with a tank in my own territory. I am guessing its because I was on a railroad, and I am also guessing that you could attack upto the same as the maximum movement rate (10).
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Woot
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

just curious.... what were ya fighting ? Must of been warriors if ya could attack 10 times without taking significatn damage

Time to bump up the difficult level

Comment

He only said he attacked 5 times and never mentioned not taking significant damage. Maybe it was barbarians...
        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

noted

will have to pay attention in next game
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Also note:

- 1 move units can also attack a unit, move into its square, and then move back to the square they came from, IF both tiles are roaded and in friendly territory.

- 2 move units that attack a stack located on a 2 move penalty tile (hills, forests, etc..) in hostile territory will NOT get 2 moves, but only 1.

I tried using tanks to assault a city with blitz advantage. I was surprised i could only attack once, even though full moves available. Turned out the hill the city was located on took away both moves, even though the unit didn't move into the square (still had defenders).

Comment

hmm, sounds buggy. Surely that's not what they intended.

Comment

Originally posted by MattPilot
                just curious.... what were ya fighting ? Must of been warriors if ya could attack 10 times without taking significatn damage

Time to bump up the difficult level
                I am playing on Prince.

I think they were all Musketeers and a Rifleman.

I was hit by a rather pathetic counterattack by sea from my (almost) extinct Persian neighbour.

I have got much bigger fish to fry. The no.1 civ (Incans) is at least 10 techs ahead of me. I am not really sure though. I lost a lot of research time when my economy botttomed out for 100 turns or so.
                The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

Working...
                X