Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonders

OK the "rule" you can have two "wonders" per city. How come if I have two wonders it sometimes still says "1 left" when I scroll over it before choosing to build it.

Also if I build a thrid wonder how does it decide whih of the others it will replace? I can't remember now, but one onder eliminates war time unhappiness (Mt Rushmore maybe?). I'm thinking I could use it but I already have the great library and pyramids in that city. I am in a long war, still have +4 unhappy in my capitol.

You can only build two "National Wonders." There essentially two types of wonders (Not including Projects): World Wonders and National Wonders. World Wonders can only be built once by any player, National can be built once by every player. You can have as many World Wonders in a city as you want (I've heard there were limits, didn't believe it though), and you can only have 2 national wonders in a city.

Once you build two national wonders, it doesn't give you the option to build another in that city.

Comment

sovietwaffle is correct. And it's Soze.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Thank you soviet! makes MUCH mroe sense! SO no limit on world wonders...I assume the manual has a list of world and national wonders?

So you can have a city that has all of Pyrmaids, Mount Rushmore, Taj Mahal, etc...

ANd it's also Keyzer I think...Keiser is my real name...sose was a misspelling.

Comment

Re: Wonders

Originally posted by KeiserSose
          OK the "rule" you can have two "wonders" per city. How come if I have two wonders it sometimes still says "1 left" when I scroll over it before choosing to build it.
          As others have said, the rule is 2 National Wonders per city; you can have as many World Wonders per city as you can manage to build

The bit about the tooltip I'm confused about too; even when I have /no/ NWs in a city it still says '1 left'..
          Dom 8-)

Comment

That just means that's how many of that wonder you can build.

Since you can only build one national wonder, it always says 1 left. Which makes it completely worthless, I agree.

Comment

If the National Wonder / World Wonder is in the queue of one city, for all other cities, it will be grayed out with 0 left, which is helpful to those who forgot.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

That goes for any object that you're limited with (Such as spaceship parts)! (I don't know about units, I'd assume it'd do the same, but, don't want to risk it)

Kinda wish it didn't do that with Spaceship parts though... in permanent alliances the computer may feel like making its smallest city pump out that last casing.

Comment

deleted
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Thank you soviet! makes MUCH mroe sense! SO no limit on world wonders...I assume the manual has a list of world and national wonders?
                    There is an American aphorism that goes: "When I assume I make an ass-u-me." It's not a very good manual, especially beyond the early game.
                    "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

In that case if someone were to list (or point me to one) of the national and world wonders I would appreciate it.

It would also help pass the workday.

Comment

In that case if someone were to list (or point me to one) of the national and world wonders I would appreciate it.

It would also help pass the workday.
                        Over at CivFanatics there are lists of all sorts of things:
                        World Wonders and
                        National Wonders amongst them.

- C
                        "He [Caligula] has no more chance of becoming Emperor than of riding a horse across the Gulf of Baiae" - contemporary astrologer

Comment

Working...
                        X