Silly Idea - Office Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Idea - Office Civ

Sorry - I Meant to post this in the general section, please can someone move it there....

I've not dabbled (yet) in the modding side of the game, so this is probably more at home as a joke thread rather than a serious suggestion. However, if somebody wants to run with it.. feel free!!

This started as a conversation in the pub, so appologies in advance, but we realised office politics worked quite well in the Civ form, meaning you can very simply interchange the Civ name to office departments, eg:

Human Resources; Evil sadistic war like. so saladin or the mongols
    Marketing; equivalent to the mysticism /cultural civs
    Finance: financial
    IT - Any technical civ
    Facilities/janitorial - India - simply for the fast worker (or head janitor as it could be known) option.
    Sales - War like....
    Transport / shipping - Organised civs

I'm sure there are others, what the barbarians could be changed into did cause some issues, probably Auditors or "Government Inspectors"

Of course, now it goes all a bit dilbert, the world map is the floor plan, sea's become the car park, cows become canteens/ cafe's, flood plains become desks or cubicals, deserts, must be management offices! if you want to add food to the office, installing a vending machine is the equivalent of a farm. There are more, but, you lot can suggest them!

Religions become methodologies. "we are displeased you have fallen under the sway of the heathen 'Hot-desking' methodology.

Units were most difficult.
    Scouts can be the post delivery person,
    Knights could be consultants with a +25% vs Management units.

Anyway, i've typed way too much for a half-baked idea!

Appologies for wasting your life in the time it's taken you to read this!

Denny

HR - Aggressive, Expansionist (Mongols). UU: Performance Review. Use the Cho-whatever (chinese UU)... first strikes and collateral damage!

Sales - Aggressive, Financial (Inca). UU: ABC (always be closing!). Use the Keshik (nothin' slows them down!)

Marketing - Spiritual, Philosophical (Arabia). UU: ??

Actuarial/Finance - Financial, Organized (USA). UU: Audit. Praetorians.

IT - Philosophical, Creative (?). UU: Bug. The Cossack.

Janitorial/etc.: Industrious, Spiritual (India). UU: fast (?)worker

Management: Philosophical, Expansionist (Russia). UU: "Vision." Phalanx. The immoveable object

Transport/Shipping: Organized, Industrious (USA). UU: UPS. Immortals.

Security: Aggressive, Organized (Japan). UU: Guard. Samurai?

Ok, enough...

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

"Evil sadistic war like. so saladin or the mongols"

Can not resist commenting, Saladin wasn't exactly war like or something, he was a very different kind of person, as I have recently finished reading a book based on Nur el Din's dynasty. He was, to put in one word, a very 'noble' person, even to modern sensivities.

Comment

Last place I worked HR was the only department with their own photocopier, I expect they must have been trading sick days to facilities for it.

They were the only ones still using CRT monitors though... they should have put more research in flat screen technologies.
        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by tomasson_lb89
          "Evil sadistic war like. so saladin or the mongols"

Can not resist commenting, Saladin wasn't exactly war like or something, he was a very different kind of person, as I have recently finished reading a book based on Nur el Din's dynasty. He was, to put in one word, a very 'noble' person, even to modern sensivities.
          He tends to be a pain in the ass in CivIV, though, because of how much he values religion. I imagine if you share a religion with him, he's a great bud. But I never do, so he's typically annoyed with me.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Sales UU: a missionary that starts with Commando and Mobility. Not only does nothing stop them, but their sole purpose is to spread the word and garner converts.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Actuarial/Finance - Financial, Organized (USA). UU: Audit. Praetorians.

-Arrian
              As a person working in Actuarial I can swear NO WAY we will agree to use our most feared Auditor as our representative
              Last edited by vegesua; January 27, 2006, 22:00.
              War is not a purpose, but a mean to achieve the purpose --- Sun Tzi

Comment

Honestly, I'd love to see someone actually make this mod. Working in an office environment, and recently watching Office Space, I think it'd be great fun.

(would do it myself if I had the time/wasn't planning a top secret huge mod of my own [MWAH HA HA])

Comment

Re: Silly Idea - Office Civ

Originally posted by Denny
                  Sorry - I Meant to post this in the general section, please can someone move it there....

Denny
                  pm one of the moderators on the first page

make sure to give them a copy of the link
                  anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I am HR & as it stands I always play Saladin

(it's just that I am trying for a fast cultural victory )
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                    X