Music in Civ IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music in Civ IV

Hello everyone. This has got nothing to do with the gameplay itself, but just happens to interest me:

Is there a list of Civ IV's music available anywhere? I know some of the music has been composed specifically for the game, but there are also some world famous composers involved, such as Mozart and Beethoven.

There are some great tunes I would like to have in my record shelf!

Opening Music

I am curious what the Lyrics are in the opening song to the game and what language it is in.

Comment

I can't recall seeing a list, but Soren posted once that the modern age composer is (searches) John Adams.

The intro song is a Swahilian song based on the Lord's Prayer.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Opening theme's based on the Lord's Player and is in Swahili.

Much of the music was composed by Christopher Tin.

In the Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack folder, you can look at filenames - many contain actual names of the said sound pieces.

"Chairman Dances", though, a modern soundtrack is just awesome.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thank you very much, Solver! I didn't realize they are all there in pure mp3 form. Google and Wikipedia will guide me further.

I already found out that it is a guy called Gregorio Allegri who is responsible for that FRIGGIN' beauitiful tune that can be heard when the Medievel Age is on.

Comment

MP3 samples of the the title tracks, along with a bio of the composer, are available at his website:

Enjoy.

Comment

I've got to say, some of the music selection for CivIV is awesome. The opening song has received praise from just about everyone, and the rest of the music is also great.

Comment

Wow, it appears that the song has gained popularity .

Comment

Lords Prayer

Interesting, I would not have guessed the intro song was the Lords Prayer. The array of music is fitting since one of the important components of the game is culture.

Thanks for the information. Off to immerse myself into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                    Opening theme's based on the Lord's Player and is in Swahili.

Much of the music was composed by Christopher Tin.

In the Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack folder, you can look at filenames - many contain actual names of the said sound pieces.

"Chairman Dances", though, a modern soundtrack is just awesome.
                    Isn't it just? And it's a beautiful performance of same. A slight bit more of information on it can be had here http://www.earbox.com/sub-html/comp-...airman-de.html and here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_in_China_(opera)
                    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Working...
                    X