X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rainy season.

The Rainy season. Endless seas of mud.
    Attached Files
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

I had that problem all the time (usually when the diplomacy window came up in between turns).

I had to turn all my graphics settings down to medium. My computer would slow to a crawl when it did that.

Comment

SMAC/X reborn!
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I have had that problem too. I just save and restart my comp and civ and it is good to go. Annoying but not a killer.

Comment

You know what? I don't care if that is a graphics bug. That would be actually a pretty nice custom terrain set for an alien world.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I also experienced that just about everytime the diplomacy screen came up, only a restart would then fix it. However, after I updated my video-drivers, it hasn't happened anymore.

Comment

Yeh thats on my work computer. Hasn't done that very often UNTIL my current game.... Now almost everytime I get a pop up screen it does that. Tab out to windows then back to game and its all better... Dont need a restart...

I guess i could look for new drivers for that POS Dell they make me use at work.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

A computer that lets you Alt-Tab out to windows without crapping itself hardly qualifies as a POS.

Now, my laptop, on the otherhand...
                Attached Files
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I used to get that. I quit to desk top and reloaded. Now I have 3G memory, and I haven't seen it happen anymore. Huge highlands was the worst, a killer map.

Comment

Originally posted by Anakha
                    I also experienced that just about everytime the diplomacy screen came up, only a restart would then fix it. However, after I updated my video-drivers, it hasn't happened anymore.
                    I still haven't updated my video drivers. I keep forgetting. The main reason I have never updated (I'm using the original drivers), is because Civ4 originally ran perfect with my ATI card, while everyone else had problems with their ATI cards. So I figured if it wasn't broke, don't fix it. But with each subsequent patch, the game has run worse and worse. The game actually runs best with no patches.

Comment

I just had this problem for the first time. I opened the diplomacy screen for Isabella, and everything went into extreme slowmotion. As I got back to the map, it looked like an alien world
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X