What does We Love the King Day do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does We Love the King Day do?

I cant find any info about, so what does the big smilely face and fireworks do for a city?

Possibility

It looks cool. And makes you feel special.
    "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
    Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

takes away the support cost of that city for that turn.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

I was hoping it would do more, but thats still not bad.

Possibility

P.S. Yes it does indeed make me feel special.

Comment

No, unfortunately it isn't all that great. I honestly prefer the fireworks to the real bonus. Also your government civic changes who they celebrate (i.e. We love the King/Despot/etc.)
          "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
          Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Do anyone remember what it did in the old games? I can't remember at all right now...
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
              Do anyone remember what it did in the old games? I can't remember at all right now...
              In CivI and CivII, each turn of "We love the XXX" in a city, there was a +1 to the city population, as long as the city had enough food for them. So it was easy to create end-game cities that expanded fast to top size.
              Nom in CivIII, I don't know...

Comment

decreased waste/corruption in civ3 I think?

Comment

In Civ 1 the effect depended on your goverment. If you were a Democracy it would do what Vin described. Each turn your city was in a WLTKD it would grow one point in size. Other goverment types it would get rid of corruption IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by crunch
                    decreased waste/corruption in civ3 I think?
                    By 50% it did!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver14
                      In Civ 1 the effect depended on your goverment. If you were a Democracy it would do what Vin described. Each turn your city was in a WLTKD it would grow one point in size. Other goverment types it would get rid of corruption IIRC.
                      In Civ1 and 2, WLT*D got you the production of next gov type.
                      In despotism, you got the production of Monarchy (no malus for 3 prod tiles);
                      In Monarchy, Communism and Fanatism you got the production of Republic/Democracy (+1 trade in tiles already producing one)
                      In Republic/Democracy you got +1 inhab/turn as long as you got food.
                      There was no effect on corruption/waste.
                      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

No the real question is when WLTKD happens?

Comment

When there's no dissent in the city I think?
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

But it's that pretty much always?

And you don't have WLTKD always.

Comment

It was like that in the old Civ games at least. But the happiness model has changed, so perhaps the WLT*D triggers has changed too...

Comment

Working...
                              X