Game just generally runs extremelly poorly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game just generally runs extremelly poorly

I've read alot of posts about people having specific rendering problems and crashes but has anyone just had the problem of the game just runs awful.

Here is my system.

Windows XP
    1536mb Ram
    AMD 3300+ 64 bit processor
    geforce 6600 GT video card
    DirectX9.0c

I can run Battlefield 2 flawlessly at medium settings and same with F.E.A.R.. Right now I have Civ 4 at the absolute lowest settings and it still runs so choppy that it is almost unplayable once my civilization gets too big. I had a 5500LE video card in my machine a week ago and it ran just as bad as it does now so I don't think its my vid card.

Forgot to mention that I have the latest 1.52 patch

Comment

I have problems with the game, but being slow and choppy isn't one of them.

What is your driver version?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I have the latest 81.98 driver. This problem may go beyond Civ 4 because I am getting I tried valve video stress test a couple of times and I was getting 45 -50 average fps when I should get getting in the mid 80s.

Comment

My vote would be a general buildup of stuff on your hard drive. I'll admit I'm usually pretty quick to suggest a reformat, but in my opinion, it's the easiest way to fix a problem or to at least rule out software issues as the culprit

Comment

That could be it.

Try not starting any services and processes you don't use. Begin by using msconfig.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
            X