Shrimser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrimser?

Played as Mansa Musa for the first time. Now I'm a bit confused.
    The Mali Special unit - what is it supposed to do?
    I think it says it is like an archer (with strenght 4 instead of 3) and this is why I chose Mansa Musa - to repel those early barbarian invasions - but after losing 3 of theese straight to a single maradeuring barbarian archer I realized Shrimsers seem to be much less valuable than ordinary achers - at least as defenders.
    I think a city having 3 Shrmisers garrisoned should not be sacked by 1 barbarian archer?

Maybe they have some other strenght? .. Is there some error in the encyclopedia or was I just extreamly unlucky?
    GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
    even mean anything?

No error, just extremely unlucky.

Comment

"Skirmisher"... ahem.

4 str is better than 3. They have the same bonuses (i think, only used em once) as regular archers.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Damn...I'm NOT going to play Mansa Musa more ... ever!

Just started a new game and this time around a barbarian warrior sacked my capital garrisoned with 2 shrimsers... so maybe I'm just unlucky but still ... I'm so angry I think I'm gonna get drunk! Luckily I have a bottle of whisky ... then I'll move up from Monarch to Emperor and kick some barbarian ass for the rest of the evening ...
        GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
        even mean anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Saurus
          Damn...I'm NOT going to play Mansa Musa more ... ever!

Just started a new game and this time around a barbarian warrior sacked my capital garrisoned with 2 shrimsers... so maybe I'm just unlucky but still ... I'm so angry I think I'm gonna get drunk! Luckily I have a bottle of whisky ... then I'll move up from Monarch to Emperor and kick some barbarian ass for the rest of the evening ...
          Post of the month.
          www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I'm afraid you just got really, really unlucky - I've played Mansa Musa several times and personally have found skirmishers very strong. Posted on hills around your territory, they usually take barbs down easy.

Oh, and it's Skirmisher, not Shrimser. Shrimser sounds like a name for someone who sells shrimp.
            Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

If you're losing a city to a Warrior manned by two Skirmishers, you're doing some thing very, very wrong. It shouldn't have had a chance against even one of them. I'm guessing you took the offensive and tried to take him out? If so wrong tactic, let him take you on. With the Skirmishers superior strength and defensive bonuses, the Warrior will get wiped without your units even working up a sweat. Not even an Axeman should be able to take those guys out. Only go on the offensive if you are about to lose an improvement, and then only if the terrain is in your favour. The Barbs are very stupid, they'll suicide themselves even when the odds are hopelessly against them.

Comment

Working...
              X