Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I'm a new user of civ4 and I don't seem to have any visibility of explored land. Is there a unit or do I need to build something first?

Just because you made a map of it doesnt mean you know what is there now. The only way to get rid of fog of war is to see it with cultural borders or a unit.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

But I'm in 1250bc got several cities and units and it is still dark land!

Comment

Is this land that you have sent units out to explore and it is turning black again, or is this land that you once explored but now you can't see any new detail there? Or have you not been exploring at all?

Comment

It sounds to me like your video card doesn't support Hardware T&L. Two of the systems are black terrain and civ leaders that are only floating eyes and teeth. try ugrading your drivers and installing the latest patch, that might help though no guarentees.

Comment

Hauptman you're missunderstanding me. I'm appear to be in a normal game but just my cities and units are visible everything else is dark. Am I in the wrong mode?

Comment

ahh yeh sounds like a driver error to me...

Occasionally i get "black ice" in my games, no idea why.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Hi Haupton

It was a corrupt bug and I reinstalled the game and the problem's still there. Is there anything in the game/computer that I should do?

Comment

Post your specs, please. Specially your graphic card. There's a bug (black terrain) involving graphic cards drivers...
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Could you post a screenshot too?
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

As the others say, probably a graphics card issue. Post your stats. But really, this does belong to the help/support section, does it not?
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Hi guys

I hope this helps. All I was able to get off the computer is this
                        Win XP Home EN with SP2
                        2.6 GHz Celeron
                        768 MB RAM
                        Integrated Intel Graphics

Thanks

James

Comment

Originally posted by james d heather
                          I hope this helps. All I was able to get off the computer is this
                          Win XP Home EN with SP2
                          2.6 GHz Celeron
                          768 MB RAM
                          Integrated Intel Graphics
                          There's your problem. Those graphics don't support some of the technoogies Civ4 requires.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Thanks

What graphics card could I get?

James

Comment

Here I am on thin ice, I think someone else should recommend you one specific... But a relatively new graphics card should have all you need, you don't need the newest and flashiest either. Be careful with ATi, as Civ4 had some issues in the beginning with some of their cards, and I'm not 100% on whether sure everything is solved or not. An NVIDIA card perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                              X