Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it pay off building cities on snow/tundra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow/Tundra wouldn't be the first choice for a city unless there were resources there.

Does it pay off ? Id say yes if you have money to
    to pay for the beakers it can produce,it all adds up.

There are other advantages,most of them mentioned already i think.

One thing's for sure if you dont settle there the AI
    will.

If its on another continent you could buy a airport for it and build troops up there i suppose.

It may have a purpose later on in the game that might not be obvious early on.

You can always send bombers there right?

There's ways to reduce maint cost as the game progresses,and you can be sure the Ai takes advantage of them.

As of late i dont mind the AI being there,gives me a more convient place to spy on !

Comment

I played a game last night where there was a spot in the far southern portion of the continent where three uranium mines, and a copper mine all were within one tile of each other. Needless to say, I built a city right there, even though the only thing around it was ice, desert, and water. It paid off in spades through trading the resources.

Comment

Originally posted by axisworks
        Needless to say, I built a city right there, even though the only thing around it was ice, desert, and water.
        Sea tiles are decent with 2f/2c.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
        X