Can't change civics without going to all the original crap civics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't change civics without going to all the original crap civics

Hey guys. I'm up to a stage in the game where I've discovered all the tech and want to start just pumping out all the units I can for a domination victory.

Anyways, I want change civics, but when I do, I find that no matter what I do, the civics end up on the five originals civic, which, as we all know, are crap.

Is this a bug? If not, what the freak where they thinking? It's lame.

If it is a bug, then how do I fix it. I've got the 1.52 patch.

Help!

That's only during the anarchy period.

Comment

Then... why is it that i've never noticed that before? ANd why is it a 7 turn period of anarchy when it used to be just 2 or so turns?

Comment

Because your empire has grown, larger means longer anarchy I think, also changing more than one civics prolongs it.

Comment

I have never noticed anything above 1 turn anarchy before.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

On Marathon speed never switch more than 1 civic at once. 1 civic = 1 turn anarchy. 2 civics = 3 turns anarchy.

Something that irks me is Organized religion and Missionaries, switch from Organized Religion to Organized religion (in other word, switch a category other than religion) and it'll still whine at you that the missionaries can't be built during the anarchy period and force you to change production, so you then have to go back and restore the missionaries after anarchy. stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
              I've had 2 turns of anarchy, particularly if I were to change 3 civics. One game when I already had 20-30+ cities, only to change 2 civics (huge map, epic).

Comment

If you've completed all the research then presumably the UN has been built. In which case the civicsyou can use may be limited

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                  Originally posted by Bill3000
                  I've had 2 turns of anarchy, particularly if I were to change 3 civics. One game when I already had 20-30+ cities, only to change 2 civics (huge map, epic).
                  You guys must be playing a mighty low difficulty to only betting 1 or 2 turns of anarchy. Yes it is affected by how large your empire is (I believe) but also greatly affected by difficulty level (seems to be).
                  "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                  Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Game speed too. I've still only gotten a max of two on Prince though (I know it's not exactly super high, but it's better than say Warlord )

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                      On Marathon speed never switch more than 1 civic at once. 1 civic = 1 turn anarchy. 2 civics = 3 turns anarchy.
                      Well it's arguable, as if you need to switch 2 civics fast, if you do it 1 by 1, then you will have to wait for 4-5 turns between changing the first and the second one.

So it's a cost-and-benefit calculation of whether 1 less turn of anarchy is worth waiting 5 turns to implement the second civic.
                      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                      - Frank Herbert

Comment

You guys must be playing a mighty low difficulty to only betting 1 or 2 turns of anarchy.

Yes, I play Noble.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus

Well it's arguable, as if you need to switch 2 civics fast, if you do it 1 by 1, then you will have to wait for 4-5 turns between changing the first and the second one.

So it's a cost-and-benefit calculation of whether 1 less turn of anarchy is worth waiting 5 turns to implement the second civic.
                          This would be a point, except on Marathon 5 turns is a very short time period. You can't really do anything in 5 turns. It would take a truly exceptional situation to justify switching civics 2 by 2 on marathon. Offhand I can't really think of one, Nationhood is the only urgent switch; by then you'll have barracks nearly everywhere. Drafted units have 2 exp w/ barracks. Switching to vassalage/theo makes that 3exp, both makes it 4 exp. Still not enough to change the promo situation. Any hammer concern (like for quickly pumping a wonder in the capital) will probably be slowed more by the additional anarchy than the 3-4 extra turns of organized rel (or whatever). I really can't think of any situation that justifies the extra anarchy.

Comment

Working...
                          X