Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the next patch, it would be nice if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In the next patch, it would be nice if...

Originally posted by Willem
    - There was a Worker automation option that had them removing all Jungle from city areas. Having Jungle gives a serious health hit to a city, but it's a pain to clear it all out manually.
    Use shift for worker automation. That way you can give several orders to a worker. That'll spare you a lot of micromanagement.

(hold shift, click "remove jungle", click on the next tile, click on "remove jungle" again, click on the next tile......, release shift)
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Yes, that's something I've been requesting since Civ 3. They had it in SMAC, so I don't know understand why it isn't around anymore. I found it quite handy.

Have you looked into the signs yet for planning your cities? I find it very handy and it should help you avoid those kinds of mistakes. Just hit Alt-S and you can put a sign where you want your city to go, so you can do it all beforehand as your exploring your territory.
      That's what I do just now, but it can leave you trying to remember some quite complex combinations if you're trying to work out the best way to fit three cities into a gap that's really only big enough for a two.

You can get by like that, but it could be easier.
      www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Re: Re: In the next patch, it would be nice if...

Originally posted by CyberShy

Use shift for worker automation. That way you can give several orders to a worker. That'll spare you a lot of micromanagement.

(hold shift, click "remove jungle", click on the next tile, click on "remove jungle" again, click on the next tile......, release shift)
        So that actually works from tile to tile? I only thought you could have multiplte commands for that individual tile, then only tell it to move somewhere else. I guess I'll have to try it. Still, it would be much simpler if I could just tell it to clear Jungle and it doesn't stop until it's all gone.

Comment

It would be great if they finally improved the network detection code to use the real ip addresses of people behind NAT's in multiplayer. Someone here named "Notagoodname" ran a packet sniffer on Civ4 and found out that the game was using a fake internal ip address for one of the players in game, hence it gets stuck on "connecting to peer". Addressing that problem would probably eliminate a large percentage of bad peers out there, and make getting a game started over gamespy or ip a LOT easier than it is now.

I also like the eliminate jungle button idea.
          "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Civ III buttons were excellent. Bring them back!
            Or some of them, at least....
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Even still, the fact that you can start building Grenadiers soon after puts a damper on the idea of even building them.
              That depends. If you are at war in a Marathon game, I think it could be a good idea to start turning out them Musketman unit. Of course, it also helps if you lower their production cost a bit.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by johnmcd
                I'd like a city radius grid added as a subset of the grid. I've found it easy in the past to mistake a cultural boundary for a city boundary and placed a follow up town wrongly.
                Yeah, I have been asking that also.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X