my Civilization IV wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my Civilization IV wishlist

By growing 10 years with Civilization series, I think I have learned a lot from it. Late in 2005, Sid Meier carried out the IV version of Civilization, I am very happy with the several most important improvements of the game, such as civics, religion and 3D map of the world.

Well, I am not sure whether my wishlist could be taken to the desktop of Mr. Sid Meier, just hope everyone could discuss my wishes and make Civilization V better.

First of first, Sports. We already have culture, religion, war, I think sports is also a very importance of our humanbeing civilization. Olympic Games (can stop war), World Cup soccer game (can improve relationship with other leaders), Premeir League, NBA can add happyness and bring in more money.

Great Events. Great People is really a great idea, if we can have great events, it might be another great one too. I noticed there will be an alert when someone makes the first voyage around the world. I think there should be two kinds of great events, natural ones and social ones. Great earthquake, vocalno or something about climate. To social great events, such as great meetings, building The Silk Road, discovering dodobird. We need some accidential factors to make us excited.

Colonization. When we have several cities faraway from the mother land, I think the citizen should be more independent and the cities might be hard to control and unstable. One day they will declear independence.

What you want can largely be found in Paradox Interactive's games. Check them out, you'll love their games!
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I like the Great (Social) Events idea.

As for sports events improving relationships with other leaders... I dunno... After what happened when Japan beat China in the Asian Cup.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

to Nikolai:
        yea, i have KOH, love playing it, that's why i get some ideas from it.

to LordShiva:
        I think the sports is not only about the result, it's just a way to entertain citizens, also i don't know what would happen if Japan beats China in the Asian Cup.

Comment

goddy: Eh.... While KoH is an okay game, it's not a Paradox game. they just publish it in the US IIRC. It's made by a eastern European company. What I thought of, was the games made by Paradox Interactive(Paradox Entertainment before the split, same team though), like Europa Universalis 2(1419-1819),Hearts of Iron 2(1936-1948), Victoria(1836-1919) and Crusader Kings(1066-1453). They are MUCh better IMHO.

EDIT: Spelling and a lost sentence added.
          Last edited by Nikolai; January 18, 2006, 11:47.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

This happened

The citizens were not entertained

The other thing with sports events is that they're mostly modern phenomena (apart from the Olympics), and so for most of human history haven't really been important. They'd end up bunching together every couple turns in the endgame.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Well, a sport-connected modern wonder could do the trick... Let's say, you build FIFA or Olympic Games and can trade "rights of transmission", or Games of the Century, or the “World Series”, producing happiness, in the same way you may sell musical hits or movie hits, or singles. Otherwise, I don't see much use...
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

ah, to LordShiva

hmm, the point is that can religion really bring happyness to people in the real world?

compared with religion, sports could be a 'happier' choice I think.

From my point of view, no matter what, sports is just an important factor of us humanbeing as one same language.

Comment

hmm, the point is that can religion really bring happyness to people in the real world?

It has done so for lots of people for thousands of years. Do not underestimate the power/impact religion can have on people.

Comment

It's not too hard to accept that sport is in the game under the label of culture.
                    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Originally posted by goddy
                      compared with religion, sports could be a 'happier' choice I think.
                      Woah there, you might want to avoid sparking a religion vs. sports argument. It seems like you're trying to say sports make people happier than religion, and many would strongly disagree:

Originally said by Marx
                      Religion is the opiate of the masses
                      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

and if you are Brazil your special unit is the footballer, which you sell to other civs and get money
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Unfortunetly that money just gets wasted on corruption (*cough* maintainance)
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Anyway, Great Events could be pretty cool. Of course, if included, there must be an option to turn them off. I'm sure there will be plenty of peeved off people if a volcano obliterates their 'science' city.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Would have to include Godzilla as well obviously.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X