The promotion for using enemy roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The promotion for using enemy roads

This is probably covered elsewere, but I would rather play than read just now.

Does anyone know what promotion is making my units able to use enemy roads, and what promotions it requires?

Will the whole stack be able to use the roads, or only the promoted one?

- Cal

Edit: spelling. Well I corrected the one I saw, anyway...
    "He [Caligula] has no more chance of becoming Emperor than of riding a horse across the Gulf of Baiae" - contemporary astrologer

Commando, it is called. As for the road towards it, I *think* Combat I to III (those promotions that increase the strength of your unit in 10% increments) are the prerequisites.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Thnx. Just in time for my curfew, too.

- C
      "He [Caligula] has no more chance of becoming Emperor than of riding a horse across the Gulf of Baiae" - contemporary astrologer

Comment

According to the tech tree it appears to be Combat I-IV to get Commando. Also I think some units start with it.
        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Ah, commando - the promotion I dream about my troops having...

Then I have to wash my sheets

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
            Ah, commando - the promotion I dream about my troops having...

Then I have to wash my sheets
            Ewww
            "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
            Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

It takes 5 combat promotions first before you can go commando. I managed it once, with a guy who started as an axeman and was an infantry after surviving many many battles. It was pretty cool running around pillaging things on enemy railroads. The unit could also heal a lot on the move from all the combat promotions, and I do think that he lived until the end of the game.
              "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDave
                It takes 5 combat promotions first before you can go commando.
                I go commando whenever i wear a kilt and i've not had a promotion for years!
                regards,

Peter

Comment

I've never gotten that promotion yet, and to be hornest it doesn't sound like the most interesting promotion
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I have gotten it some. Easiest if you play an aggressive civ. Commando on a Modern Armor is the bomb. If you manage to get a few of them you can capture a city deap into their teritory on the first turn.

Comment

The problem is getting multiple units with the promotion; no single unit is really THAT devastating that if it's alone deep in enemy territory, it can't be dogpiled and eliminated quickly. On the other hand, if it affected a stack of unlimited size, it would be terrifying. 3-4 units, maybe 5, would be about right.
                      Friedrich Psitalon
                      Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                      Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

It's one of the most useless promos vs AI's.

It might have some merit vs humans, especially once you have spies, for sniping cities deeper in their territory than they think you can reach.

Comment

Working...
                        X